Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Pain and swelling in feet and ankle. Have bone spurs and osteoarthritis. How to get relief?

I had an injury to my right knee in 79. I have had multiple surgiers with no pyhsico therapy since then. About 10 years ago I was said to have bone spurs in right foot and osteoarthrics also.In the last few years my foot and ankle has swollen and the pain is some days unbearable in the foot.I was informed that being as knee injury was WSIB that would make my foot problems secondary to my knee trauma. Is that possible? I have seen many doctors who do not do anything, not even look at it to see what I am talking about. I am tired of being told that it is in my head . The swelling is getting worse as is the pain. I cannot bend my anle to walk most days or my toes and am scared that it is just going to get to the point where nothing can be done. What can I do?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Dear Dis-satisfied

IThanks for writing to HCM

Its seems seperate problems are being correlated, I do not think there is any direct relation of your knee and foot pain , but to give a clear and satis factory solution to your query I need to see your latest x ray of both region and detailed examination of your limb, so you need to either contact directly to me or make me in contact with your orthopaedician to discuss your problem
Answered: Sun, 15 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor