Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Pain and spasms in chest area. Family history of clots in lungs. Treatment?

Hello , Today i have been experiencing spasms of pain in my upper right hand side of my chest area. I have had this condition for along time. There are times where i don t notice it and other times i do. I m wondering if it could be my right lung , as in my family there has been a history of clots / lumps in lungs however i don t know the name of this condition. Thank you for your time Cheers
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pulmonologist 's  Response
The condition that yiu are talking about is called pulmonary embolism and if it is in the family then you should keep a check of your clotting profile regularly with homocysteine, factor 5, leiden factor and PT/INR
The problem right now is of spasms and not pain per se. Also there has been no breathlessness that u have mentioned hence i dont feel that it is pulmonary embolism.
To be sure you can get a Ddimer test done on your blood and if The pain and spasm right now could be just because of some electrolyte imbalane or stress or muscular pain.
Answered: Sat, 5 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor