Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Outer part of ear looks dry like blisters, cleaning makes it leak. Reasons ?

My son is a month old and the outer part of his ear like where the lobe is, is dry and looks almost like blisters and when I wash is to try and keep them clean it starts leaking like blisters. His right side is worse then the left and it doesn t not seem to cause him pain but other then lotion and baby oil. That don t seem to work any way what can I do to reverse. What ever is going on with his ears?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, seems like an eczema of the skin of the ears. Please clean the area with boiled cotton and dry it absolutely. If baby oil is not helping, few applications of minute amounts of betamethasone cream may help. But for such a small child, it is better to consult a paediatrician than to do self treatment. Keeping that area clean and dry will always help. Regards
Answered: Thu, 26 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor