Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Old aged, low BP. Body shakes, breathing problem, joint pain, tired. How to improve health?

I am in the ER right now with my Dad. He s 87 bp 113/48 hr 111 shakes so bad that he cant hold a pen .. hot and cold but no bad fever joint pain tired problems breathing . We are waiting on labs now and he s had the hips and shoulders xrayed because of the joint pain. Had a pacemaker placed 3 years ago just had an infected cyst removed from his back. Mild stress in his life but getting better. Thoughts?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

Shaking of body can be due to several causes. These include medication side effects (such as beta blockers, antipsychotics, etc), essential tremors and parkinsonism. A clinical examination would help in determining the exact cause.

Diastolic BP is a bit low, but systolic is normal. He may require little extra fluids to correct that.

In labs, I would like to know the serum electrolytes values, especially sodium.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)

Senior Consultant Neurologist

Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,

My personal URL on this website:

My email:
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor