Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Numbness, swelling, throbbing, loss of motion at the screw insertion site of the ankle. Charcot ankle?

Hello, I fractured both sides of my ankle 15 years ago. A screw was inserted on the interior ankle. 3 months ago I was sitting at the table and placed my ankle behind me with my toes tucked under and it felt like my ankle sort of dislocated and than popped back into place. It was excruciating for a brief couple seconds. Since than I have experienced some numbness, swelling, throbbing, loss of motion, and on a daily basis if I relax on foot in them same manner the same micro dislocation . So I keep my foot as stable as I can to avoid this pain. I have read about charcots ankle. Could this be it? My orthopedic dr said it s possible bone fragments in the joint/ankle residual of surgery/trauma and wants to operate. I am afraid of the recovery since she has another patient with diabetes she said is still mad at her after 3 months. The dr said recovery is only 3 weeks and than when i feel better but that s all subjective.
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

Your doctor has rightly explained every thing to you. All you need is to trust your doctor and not what the other patients say. You an have x-ray right and left ankle done in AP and Lateral view and discus it with your doctor or send report to me.

- Apply hot packs for 30 min in morning and evening .

I hope it helps.

You are welcome to ask further health related queries.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Let me know if you have any concerns.



Answered: Tue, 25 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor