My wife seems to have a heart problem. Her family has a history of heart problems

My wife seems to have a heart problem. Can anyone advise? She comes from a family where just about everyone has high blood pressure and dies from either myocardial infarction or congestive heart failure . She has been having (once or twice a week) what she describes as a fluttering in her chest , accompanied by an irregular pulse and breathlessness . She knows how to take a pulse cos her mum was a nurse. She went to see the district nurse for a checkup. Her BP was 115 over 82 - nice and low for her. The nurse said the fluttering/breathlessness was nothing to worry about, but I m not so sure. Any medically qualified people, or people with similar problems, got any advice? Should have said my wife is 51 and otherwise in good health.
Thu, 10 Dec 2009