Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

My son has dent on the forehead

my son has fallen off my bed around two feet tall when he was 11 months, a year ago. I have taken him to the doctor, they said he was fine, he may be falling and hit on the right side of the forehead. And now he is almost two, I recently discovered a small dent on his right forehead but it only appear when he smile or looking up otherwise it seem perfectly normal. Could this dent be from his old falling and shows up now, cause he have not fallen or gotten hit by anything recently. Will it eventually go away as he get older or not?. Should I take him to the doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.For kids of this age falling is common.and minor injury like this usually does not cause any permanent problem.So do not think any need for worry.If there is local swelling,redness etc. he might have been hit recently.other wise you should not worry.
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurang Krishna's  Response
It is highly unlikely that the dent is due to the old fall. As you said, the dent is visible only when he is smiling or looking up. It suggests that the dent is due to muscular activity. So a bone damage looks remote. What you can do now is that, just run your fingers gently across the forehead and see if you can feel a depression over the bone. If you do, take him to a doctor. If not, then just relax, he is fine.
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor