Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

My mother got a stone in her gallbladder. What precaution she should take?

my mother got a stone in her gallbladder . what are the risks if she will not be operated for sometime ? what precaustion she should take to avoid danger?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  268
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

The prognosis of the condition depends on the size of the stone. Smaller ones ( < 5 mm ) are left without treatment but placing on fat free diet and a little bigger (5 to 10mm ) need medications to dissolve. If >1cm or multiple stones surgery is needed .The lag time depends on the size from here. Fat free diet can prevent worsening to some extent.

Sooner the removal of the stone better is the prognosis, It will be difficult if ones jaundice sets in due to bileduct /cystic duct ( passage canals of bile) block by the stone.

Thanks for visiting

Answered: Wed, 12 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor