Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

124 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

My boyfriend has a severe heart pain, He was born with a hole in his heart. He is just 17

My boyfriend is 17 and he keeps getting severe heart pains. He was born with a hole in his heat. Usually when his heart hurts he turns bright red, its hard for him to breath , he blacks out a lot, and his heart goes really slow and he coughs up blood . He keeps going to the emergency room or doctors and all they tell keep telling him they don’t know what’s wrong and he shouldn’t be having problems like that because he is too young. He tells me he feels like he is dying. I really want to help him what should he do. I think he needs to see a heart specialist but he doesn’t have much money or know of any heart specialist. PLEASE give me some advice I really need to help him especially since I recently found out we are having a baby together. We live in Texas and he does have insurance but I’m not sure what kind. Do you know any good specialist or websites I can visit? it only started getting really bad the last month or so
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
i never thought the medical care in Texas was so bad :( but still i think u need to be more persistent when u at the hospital with him : demand that they do cardiograms & ultrasound and to speak with a cardiolog. what u describe is a very negligent or unskilled med team. (or both) maybe u can go to another hospital? don't give up, demand better treatment. (i've no idea how these things work there...maybe telling them if sthg. happens u will sue them?)
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....