Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

My blood pressure seems to be high. Tell me what can i do ?

My blood pressure seems to be high. I am not sure what numbers mean what? ? I am 42 and eat a lot of sodium and like my wine. Yikes. any info would be great
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  255
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Sodium is something you need to really watch. Have you ever seen a Nutritionist? If not, you may want to do so now. As well, our hormones and body's needs change at our age... so its good to discuss eating habits. You'll be surprised by how much you learn. As for your blood pressure, you didn't say what yours was. The best way to know what your "average" should be is to take your age (42) and add 100 to it (142). The highest it should be is 140 to 145 (not higher) for Systolic. Diastolic should be between 65 to 90 for adults. Women it tends to be more so 55 to 80. Again, these are average bps' for gender and age. Medical history also plays a role. Talk to your doctor and also ask to see a Nutritionist.
Answered: Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor