Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Mole removed from back, tested negative for cancer but having continuous pain. Cause of pain?

Hi, i had a mole removed from my back about 5 years ago that was sent off for further tests. Thankfully the result came back negative in terms of being cancerous. However in the last three months i have had a pain coming from the area where the mole was removed and am concerned as to what this could be. Any ideas as to what could be causing this would be greatly received.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  126
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Oncologist 's  Response
good to hear that the biopsy report is negative for cancer. your present condition may be totally unrelated to past history of mole. it might be due to other causes like local muscle problems. this would subside slowly. But if you feel some nodularity or mass palpable in the region where you feel pain you need to consult local doctor immediately.
Answered: Mon, 23 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor