• question-icon

What causes black spots on the back of the right hand?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: Dear Dr Rynne,

I am seeing a tiny black spot on my right back hand (between forth and fifth) for about 3 months, no any uncomfortable, is it something I need to concern? Thank you very much for your time and help in advance
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Junctional type of melanocytic nevus

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM..

I saw photo and read the history.

You seem to have junctional type of melanocytic nevus. The nevus cells are at the junction of dermis and epidermis..so it's name. It is a benign and harmless.

No need to treat.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 3 hours later
Thank you for your qick reply, Dr. Patel! I am so glad there is nothing serious. Just wondering what's the reason caused this? Is there anything I need to pay attention in the future?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Junctional melanocytic nevus

Detailed Answer:

Junctional melanocytic nevus is considered as nevus ..also called mole. Whenever you feel disturbance in size,colour,texture,surface.. or occurance of bleeding in the mole,you consult the dermatologist to rule out the malignant melanoma. It is a rare complication of the Melanocytic nevus. At present,you do not worry. It is normally occurring nevus in any person.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 11 hours later
Thank you again! Is there any way to get rid of it? Thank you very much!
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Junctional melanocytic nevus

Detailed Answer:

As I previously told, there is no need to remove it as it is not harmful at this position. Still, if you wish to remove it, please consult the Dermatologist nearby. It may be removed by one of many methods like electrocautery, Laser therapy, cryotherapy and surgical excision.

Wish you the best of health.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist