Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Mold found in coconut. Allergic to mold. Can it be eaten after removing mold?

okay I ve heard that some molds are safe to eat and kind of douted this answer will be a yes but i got a coconut from a wholefoods today and it had what looked like a small portion of blueish black, pink and yellowy mold in a small ring alound where a cut area was placed for easy opening i already threw out the milk but was wondering if I was able to salvage the rest of the coconut or shouldnt because i am allergic to mold
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  12
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response

i think better avoid the mould
as we dont know the time since how long it is with coconut as this mould grows it
can effext internal parts of coconut
an allergic patient can react to even minimum amount of exposure
so dont take chance
Answered: Wed, 5 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor