Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Mild pain in neck, dizzy, felt like a tube bulging on head. What i am going through?

hi. i have a question. i am being bothered by what i feel. I feel mild pain from the back of my neck on the left side following a path going to my left eye. The effect is like i am having a migraine on the left part of my head . I had this frequently 15 years ago and then it stopped. The worst thing that happen to me that time was my left cramped up, my sight got dark, was dizzy and so I just laid down on the ground massaging my head down to my neck and I felt like a tube bulging on my head down to my neck. Can you help what I am going through? Thank you very much
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.
Your symptoms are suggestive of migraine. Since these are more frequent now, you may benefit from taking preventive medications, such as flunarizine, topiramate, beta blockers or divalproex.
For relief of acute symptoms, rizatriptan or sumatriptan tablets would help.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email:
My blog:
Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor