Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Lumps under the skin between ear and head, pain on touching. What could this be?

Hi, I have lumps under the skin where the ear connects with the head, where the frames of the glasses stand. First it appeared on the left ear, then on the right. They are a little bit painful when I touch them. They are not visible, cause they are small and are under the skin. The first lump showed three days ago, and the second a day after the first one. What can this be?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  510
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HCM,
THe condition you have described is called acanthoma fissuratum or spectacle frame syndrome .the condition is due to pressure of frame on the ear . You apply Synalar creams twice a day on affected areas for 7 days and change the style of your frame so that it does not directly touch your lesions.
Bye for now.
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor