Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Lump under eyelid, please help

Hi my daughter woke up with a lump under her rt eyelid you can move it around with your fingdf but it must be attached cause you can t make it come out it doesn t scratch the eye when she moves it but it is bothering her and sometimes she thinks it might be draining but its not going away its not a stye since they are on the outside of the eye she does not have eye insurance she got medicated eye pads to clean the eye when its bothering her and sometimes it feels like it has gone down by night time but by morning it is right back any information would be appreciated thanks
Asked On : Mon, 31 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  375
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
From the above description it seems that your daughter has a Chalazion in the lid. Generally a chalazion has to be drained out surgically, although in very few cases intralesional steroid injection may help. In the meantime, start her on antibiotic eye drop (tobramycin, 4 times a day) and hot compresses.
Answered: Wed, 2 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor