Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Lump in the neck, advised x-ray to detect cancer. What could it be?

My sister neck has a lump on it,she went to Dr. and he her go o hospital to get x-ray they told her it was maybe cancer or and absess(she had popped an absessed tooth a few days before)and she would have to wait for someone to look at it and sent her home. They told her if her neck goes back down she should get back to hospital ASAP because that means it busted and if she makes it to hospital.They should have kept her.What could ot be?
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
As she had popped an absessed tooth few days before the chances of lump in the neck is Lymphadenitis.This is an infection of lymphnode.
The chances of malignancy is not there as it discharges pus.
She needs antibiotics & check up to rule out it's tuberculos nature.
Answered: Tue, 31 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor