Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Lump in the genital area. Is this a cyst? Using anti-inflammatory ointment

Hi, my husband has some kind of lump inside of his left butt cheek below his genital area. It has normal skin color and you can only feel the lump. And there is also pubic hair on top of it. I am putting on an anti-inflamatory steroidal ointment. Is this some kind of cyst? He has been sitting down on the carpet (with thin pillow) the whole afternoon 2 days ago while using his computer.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

You didn't give detailed history like it is associated with pain ,fever or not?
He needs clinical examination.
If it is infective ,antibiotics should be given.
He can be also needed ultrasound.Treatment depends upon the findings.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan
Answered: Wed, 31 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor