Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Lump in inner vaginal wall. Causes discomfort during sex. Suggestions?

Hi i have recently been able to feel a large smooth lump on my inner vaginal wall. It doesnt feel seperate from the wall of my vagina. I am not sure of it is a prolapse of some sort or a cyst , but it really only discomfort during intercourse because it feels like it is.blocking the way. There is also an indentation on the surface of it similar to a cut that healed already.already
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2014
Hello and welcome,

I understand the query.
Common causes for such a lump are vaginal wall cysts and prolapse [ prolapsing part may feel like a lump].

The best way to know is by a vaginal examination by a gynceologist. Vaginal wall cysts can be removed easily but prolapse may need surgical repair depending upon the age and desire for future child birth.

So please see a doctor as soon as possible and get evaluated.

Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Answered: Mon, 25 Aug 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor