Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Lump around anus, extending inwards, painful, swollen. Should I see a gastroenterologist or proctologist?

Hi doc, I have a lump around my anus that seems to extend inwards. I can feel it with my fingers and trace the length of it to see where it terminates but it seems to just go inwards. Sometimes it s painful and a bit swollen but on other days it s just there, any help? Should I see a Gastroenterologist or a Proctologist?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
The problem you have mentioned needs to be further evaluated. I would like to know the following to comment more specifically on your condition.
a. Do you have frequent or persistent constipation?
b. Have you anytime observed blood in your stool?
c. Does your food include plenty of fruits, vegetables and water?

With the information that you have already provided, it would be better to get evaluated by a proctologist.
Hope I have answered your question. If so, please accept this as my answer. If you need any further information, please feel free to ask. Thank you.

Dr. Mohammed
Answered: Mon, 29 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor