Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Lost consciousness due to concussion. CT scan report normal. Having headache and lightheadedness. Is it safe to travel by air?

My husband suffered a concussion last wednesday night.. He was lost consiousness for 3 to 4 mins. We did take him to the ER and they did CT scan which we were told were completely normal. They kept him overnight for observation. He is still having headache pain and lightheadness. He is scheduled to fly today. Do you think that will be ok?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthCareMagic,

As his CT scan is completely normal and during observation also he was normal, he is not expected to face any problem during flight. But if it is not urgent, he can postpone flight due to headache and lightheadedness.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma
Answered: Sat, 1 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor