Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Large painful bump by right eye on top part of nose, oozing green and yellow pus. What's wrong ?

I have a large pimple like bump by my right eye on the top part of the nose . It has been growing for a couple weeks, thinking its a pimple and it will go away. However, today green and yellow puss is oozing out of it and its very painful. It seems as if there is like 4 real tiny holes that this ooze is coming out of. I squeezed it and A LOT of green and yellow puss came out of it, but its not going down its remaining the same size. What is wrong with this?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
This is in all possibility an abscess at the root of the nose. When you have expressed the contents you have been unable to evacuate it completely: therefore you need to go to your doctor who would take care to express all the pus contained within it. A small pack may be applied following drainage of pus to stop bleeding from the walls of the abscess. Therefore, a visit to a doctor is a rational approach at this point of time.
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor