Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Knee pain while walking

hi m 52f m having problem in my knees. i think the greese is over now. i face problem in walking n getting upstairs n downstairs. please rectify my problem. now m also seeking towards amway products like calcium n other food supplements. can i proceed further n rely on these medicines. please help.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  321
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Dear Swati,

If your knee pain has a gradual onset that is withuat any history of injury prior to the pain then you may think that your synovial fluid (greese) in the knees is on the reducing trend. There must be associated changes in the knees as in the reduction in the joint space especially on the inner side of the joint. So, here I would ask you to get an X-ray of your knees done (AP view and Lat view) and check the amount of damage to decide the right course of action.

You should learn some exercises especially ment to decrease the progression of knee osteoarthritis. Prior to that a 15-20 days sessions of physiotherapy including Electro Therapy, Manipulations of the knee(Highly effective, done by the physiotherapist himself/herself) , Exercise Therapy will of great help to you.

Dietary Supplements should include: -
Glucosamine Sulphate
Chondritoin Sulphate
Methyl Sylphonyl Methane
Calcium Carbonate or Calcium Citrate with Vit-D3/Calcitrol

Brand names : Cartigen Forte - 1/day, Knee Joint Care - 1/day, Shelcal-CT - 500 mg with Milk.

Avoid Painkillers as much as possible for knee pain.

Hope it helps

Dr.Shirish Sachdeva
Orthopaedic & Neurological
Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
Lifestyle Medicine Counsellor
Answered: Fri, 18 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Thanks for nice query.     
It appear as a case of osteoarthritis,regular exercise,avoiding stairs & squatting & quadriceps strengthening exercise is going to help you.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”

Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor