Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Jerking of muscles, hiccups became worse after taking Risdone. Changed to Serenace Haloperidol. Cause, cure?

hello sir,madam,,,i have a son who has jerking of muscles and the doctor gave him risdone,,,we observe the jerking become worse,like he is having nonstop the doctor stop that medicine and gave him serenace haloperidol ....i want to know is there any specific cure for that and what probably the cause of my sons health conditions? thank you and i appreciate so much any answers that will help me.thank you!
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The jerking of the muscles is seen due to hormonal or electrolyte imbalance or a neurotransmitter imbalance. You can withdraw the drug if your son is not properly relieved and can consider a re evaluation from a neurologist.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor