Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Jaw and chin injured, head injured, knee injured, painful. Get an X ray?

I tripped and fell last Sunday and landed flat on the concrete pavement hitting my jaw chin so hard that my head whiplashed and I felt it through my body. Hit both my hands, right side from holding my purse - my knees and had coagulated bruises. I refused to be taken to the hospital. And, have rested at home. Still feel a lot of pain all over but can deal with it. I did not break a bone----at least I don't think I fractured anything. Should I have gone to emergency? Should I go and get X-rays. What kind? I was told by friends I should put ice packs on - my response was: "Then I should get inside my refrigerator!" In all seriousness, should I seek medical care or should I weigh it out?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome at HCM.

If you did not have loss of consciousness,altered consciousness or headache then you may have home treatment.If you are not having difficulty in chewing & able to do all movements then there is no need to go to doctor.You should do rest.Take a good analgesic like advil or aleeve.If there is a wound or abraasion then you should consult to your doctor for prescription of antibiotic.

Hope this will help you.

With best wishes.
Answered: Sat, 22 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor