Is there any alternative medication for Myasthenia gravis, the current medication is not of much help?

Hello, my name is Veronica. My sister has been suffering from myasthenia gravis for approximately 18years. She is unable to get out of the house without help. Her quality of life is extremely poor. She has been taking the prescribed medication for this condition with no cure in sight. Are there any current research studies or alternative treatments for this depressing disease. My sisters name is Victoria. It breaks my heart see her live with this debilitating illness. I Would appreciate any information on a drug, herbs or therapy that works.
THANKS
Mon, 13 Jan 2014