Is the testicle varicose veins diagnosis correct?

sir i am 39 years of old,my testicles have pain for about 12 years. last week i went through a scan for my testicle to dignosis whether i have vericose vain .after the scan doctor told me that there is vericosle.he could find any thing strange more than that.should i go through any other diagonosis,please help me doctor
Mon, 23 Jun 2014
Hi.

Testicular pain for 12 years and the scan done so late is not understandable.
Yes the varicocele can cause pain- it is usually dull ache and is usually referred to the abdomen in the area near the umbilicus.

It is always better to get an opinion of an Urologist or a General Surgeon to find out / rule out other causes of pain lie nerve entrapment in the lower abdomen, hernia stretching the nerve, epididymitis and so on.

A second opinion ultrasonography of the abdomen and the scrotal area with color doppler mode too helps a lot.

Discuss with the Urologist about the possibility of relief from pain if you decide to go for the surgery for varicocele.