Is it possible to have varicose veins while none is been seen by eye along with diagnosis of weak veins in leg?

My doctor told me the ultrasound I just had on my right leg is showing that my veins are thin/weak. He is running more blood test and is checking my thyroid as well. But after coming home and searching on the internet weak veins come from varicose veins and I though varicose veins can be seen with the eye. I do not seem to have any showing? Is it possible to have varicose veins with none to be seen by the eye?
Thu, 2 Feb 2017