Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Is surgery the only solution for osteophtes ?

Mom expriencing severe back pain because of the osteophytes some where near L4,L5.What is the best approach to handle Osteophytes... is surgery the only option... as most doctors are asking not to go for a surgery and leave as is ..but the pain is unbearable..she has pain in the knee as well ....
Asked On : Fri, 17 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  165
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
welcome to the health care magic forum,
In this condition you have an best alternative in the form of homeopathy ,it will take care of the developing osteophytes and will check the calcium deprivation also.
take her to some good homeopath.
Answered: Fri, 17 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
As osteophytes are bony projectinos from vertebrae due to degenerative changes in the vertebrae,
Nerves coming from canal get stretched or injured by the osteophytes passing through it and gives pain.
There is no option other than surgery and if pain is very severe you have to go for surgery.
ok and heave good health.
Answered: Sat, 18 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor