Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Is sinus infection dangerous ?

sir sinus infection is serias matter or no tell me.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
ENT Specialist 's  Response
There are two conditions regarding sinus infection. First is called acute sinusitis which means acute (recent) infection of sinus. It causes nasal discharge, nasal blockage and some time fever. In such condition, you should consult a doctor and doctor will give antibiotic and some anti-cold medicine and you will be all right. Second condition is called chronic sinusitis which means repeated attack of sinus infection. In such condition you have to consult ENT specialist who can find out the cause of your repeated sinus infection. It is equired because chronic sinusitis can cause complications like ear infection, throat infection, laryngeal infection,abscess formation near eye and some time it can cause meningitis. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 3 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor