Is proteus mirabilis a sexually transmitted disease ?

Is proteus mirabilis considered a sexually transmittted disease? or can it be transmitted from one partner to another?
Thu, 12 Jan 2012
Medical Topics ,  
Hi,thanks for query.Yes it is possible this Proteus mirabilis can be spread by sexual contact.this is a common bacteria responsible for urinary tract infection.So please take care.bye.
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Hello
Welcome to health care magic
proteus mirabilis is a gram negative rod shaped ,anaerobic bacteria,any bacterial infection can be transmitted sexually.Mostly seen in urine infection ,which becomes alkaline & leads to formation of renal stone.
Wish you speedy recovery
Disclaimer