Suggest treatment for a UTI
Urinary tract infection , fishy odour.
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. Woman can get painful urination, increase in frequency , smelly urination and vagina. The smell can be a fishy odour. This bacteria can cause stone formation in urinary tract and kidneys if left untreated. In such case you can get abdominal pain.
A culture and sensitivity test will e helpful to identify the bacteria and to find the sensitive antibiotics. Urine and vaginal swabs can be given for culture. If you taking Rocephin then after finishing the course a culture and sensitivity test should be done to see whether you are clear from infection.
Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for recurrentt uti
- Suggest treatment for recurring uti
- Suggest treatment for uti
- Suggest treatment for appetite loss and uti
- Suggest treatment for fever due to uti
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Suggest treatment for reoccuring uti
- Male uti treatment and treatments
- What treatment is suggested for uti
- Suggest treatment for recurrent uti