Is it safe to have Strattera along with Vyvanse?

My 16-year-old daughter is starting Strattera for the first time (40 mg and increase up to 60 mg). She is currently taking Vyvanse 30 mg. Her pediatrician wants her to continue taking the Vyvanse, just for a few days to wean and cut the Vyvanse dose in half until gone. Should she take both of these at the same time of day?
Fri, 20 Nov 2015
Neurologist 's  Response
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

It is a common practice when gradually starting a drug in place of the other to wean that other drug in a gradual way, in order to avoid manifestations related to interruption. So I agree with your doctor's tactic to gradually reduce the one while increasing the other, even though it means taking them both at the same time.

These two drugs do not have any direct interaction with each other, so there are no concern of altering each others blood levels either.

I hope to have been of help.