Is it dangerous to have a PSA value of 5.8 ?

PSA value was now 5.8. is it dangerous ?
Sat, 28 Jan 2012
Medical Procedures ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,   ,  
Dear Aslam ! Thank you for choosing health care magic. In general, a PSA value of 4 ng/mL is considered the cut-off for suspected cancer (although it may vary slightly by age), and levels above 10 ng/mL indicate very high risk. It is values between 4 and 10 ng/mL that are the most ambiguous; men in this range may benefit most from refinements in the PSA test. The risk of cancer based on PSA levels follows:

PSA levels under 4 ng/mL: "normal"
4 to 10 ng/mL: 20 to 30% risk
10 to 20 ng/mL: 50 to 75% risk
Above 20 ng/mL: 90%.

Usually urologists recommend prostate biopsy if the persons PSA is greater than 4 ng/ml. You need not to be panic. Visit a urologist in your locality.
General Surgeon Dr. Abhishek Agrawal's  Response
Hi!

PSA 5.8 does not concretely pinpoint towards cancer but u have to get your free psa done and also your prostate examined by a urologist........

take care

dr.Abhishek