Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Is it alright for children to have irregular or missing pulse ?

my son is 11 years old he has irregular/missing pulse. I had shown him to cardiologist he took ECG and echo. both are normal. He said not to worry few children have this and he will be ok by the time he is 14
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
dear thanks for choosing health care magic.I think there is no need to worry.Yes your doctor is right this can happen in normal children.If he is other wise health and not having any problems one should not worry.and again when ecg and echo both are normal major things are ruled out.ok buy take care.
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
when echo is normal there is nothing to worry. In ayurveda for irregular missing pulse arjun is the drug of choice. or you can use khamira gauzban a unani product as heart tonic.
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Preeti Balwani's  Response
Hi, welcome to healthcaremagic forum,
The cadiologist is right as he has seen the report and must have clinically examined the child.still if u have any doubt then u can take a second openion also if that matches the first openion then no need to worry about.Just be careful about any physical complaints up to the age of 14 years.Just get him to the cadiologist for screening only as suggested by him.
Take care

Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor