Is inter menstrual vaginal bleeding a symptom of cervical cancer?

I am having bleeding in between periods and sometimes after sex. Symptoms have been in and off for 6 years. I have been off birth control for 1.5 years and have no STIs and a normal pap smear in Nov 2017. I have mild pain in thighs and lower back and pelvic region but not anything severe. Do you think it could be cervical cancer? Even with a normal pap? Ive always had normal ones. My pcp is reluctant to do further testing and thinks im a hypochondriac.
Fri, 8 Jun 2018
Oncologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If your PAP test is normal, then the possibility is minimal. For confirming the condition you are experiencing, you should get other tests like vaginal ultrasound done and you have to confirm if these symptoms are due to the side effects of birth control pills as well.