Is blood in stool after a concussion a matter of concern?

I got a mild concussion exactly a week ago today. i noticed blood in my stool yesterday and just swept it under the rug. it happened again today and there was about half of it red blood and lots more on the paper. when i got the concussion i was very light headed and had zoned out, then fell. i’m not sure if the bleeding had something to do with falling or not. since i’ve fell ive stayed very lighted headed, hard to focus, and horrible headache. should i be worried??
Wed, 22 Aug 2018
Neurologist 's  Response

The 2 are unrelated.

Bright red blood on toilet paper is almost always the result of hemorrhoid tissue and this is easily identified through physical examination by a physician. It has nothing to do with a concussion.

I would be more concerned for you to see a neurologist to be examined for the concussion than the other problem right now so that your apparent post-concussion syndrome can be addressed and managed. That would be much more to the point of what you could use right now than resolving hemorrhoidal tissue bleeding.

Hope I have answered your query.

Let me know if I can assist you further.