Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Is a numb patch on the outer thigh related to upper body pain disorder ? Epileptic and Diabetic

i have had a numb patch on my otter thigh for a long tome now and this last few months it burns and is painful ,this leg is also largeg then the other but i do sit on that side the most alot on the sofa,i have injurys to my arms and was diagnosed with a upper body pain disorder, if i do anything repetitve or with vibrations ,my arms pain and shoots down into fingers.My arms and leg amr sensitive when touched .Can these things be related , its my leg that bothers me now my hips get so painful i have trouble walking sometimes.I am a 43 yr old ,epileptic, diabetic, obese female my vision has been affected ,but i blame my type 2 diabetis for that ,Im on epival lyrica ,crestor, ramipril , zoloft ,effexor and metphormine .I also have severe depression . Do you have any suggestion as to why i am falling apart lol? got to laugh lord knows i have done enough crying.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,   ,  
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Dear mam,
I understand your concern. Let me help you in decoding some of the symptoms that you are having. A numb patch on the outer aspect of the thigh is commonly seen in a condition called meralgia paresthetica. It happens when one of the nerves coming down from the abdomen across the groin into the thigh gets impinged upon by soft tissue in the groin. Usually the pendulous abdomen is the one to blame. I suggest you meet a neurologist who will be able to help you. In severe cases decompression of the nerve can be done. I am not sure about the "upper body pain disoder" diagnosis. The symptom you are complaining about is seen in disc prolapse in cervical region (neck) giving rise to radiculopathy. Again an MRI will be of help to rule that out. As for the hips it might be related to the weight but again a detailed examination by an orthopaedic surgeon will help. Hope this has helped you.
Answered: Thu, 17 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor