Is VDRL a sexually transmitted disease?

hi.. my vdrl test is postve reactive 4. but i never sex with any girl so how can posible it my vdrs is p+.before 4 months ago bed bug bit me on front of my penise.so that infection became and not gone parmanently.. and nfection is still now.i have become both side lymhnode i have treatment and i have taken much antiboites and three time penciline my age is 30 and my weight 54 i am worried abt that. what can i do dr.advise to tpha test...
Thu, 12 Mar 2015
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hello there,
I am dr.milan an infectious disease specialist answering your question.
See VDRl is a test name which is use to detect syphilis name disease. VDRL test is now a days absolute test, which is used in past. Its sensitivity and specificity is less and more reliable test is now available. TPHA is more reliable test but according to stage of the disease this test should be selected. More reliable test than TPHA is FTABS but it is not available in routine laboratories. So you need to find highly equipped lab.
Sometimes vdrl test give false positive result so we nee d to be sure you have this type of infection. After the result of the tpha test we can decide what to do next.
Penicillin is the drug of treatment. We need to ruleout os there any other type of infection or not. The most common way to get syphilis is by having sexual contact with an infected person. If you are infected, you can pass the bacteria from infected skin or mucous membranes (linings), usually your genital area, lips, mouth, or anus, to the mucous membranes or skin of your sexual partner.
The bacteria are fragile, so you cannot get syphilis from sharing food or utensils, or from using tubs, pools, or toilets.
Syphilis can be passed from mother to infant during pregnancy, causing a disease called congenital syphilis.
Hope i have given appropriate guidance to you.
if you have any query you can consult me anytime.
Give me star rating, helpful vote & thank you according to your satisfaction level.
Thanking you.