Is Penidure advisable for rheumatoid arthritis?

Stiffness and pain in the fingers. Naresh Kinger, Male, 62. I had a viral fever on 18th October 2017 which lasted for 9 days. After that I have stiffness and pain for the past 15 days in all the fingers which aggravates during night. But there is no swelling in any of my finger. My CRP is 9.6. ACCP is 3.35, ANA is 0.39. I have consulted an Orthopedist and am diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis by Physical examination. I am prescribed Penidure LA 12 injection every 15 days for one year and one Dezacor 6mg tablet every day for 4 days. Kindly advise me if Pendure LA 12 is prescribed for RA. Thanks and regards, Naresh Kinger
Sat, 29 Sep 2018

You can safely continue penidure. Consult a rheumatologist for expert opinion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician