Is Hydrocortisone advisable for a woman in menopause stage?

I m going through menopause. Can I take hydrocortisone at this time? I ve had adrenal problems for years. In the past, I took them to help me sleep when I had insomnia. I m having trouble sleeping and again and am considering take a low dose to see what happens.
Wed, 11 Sep 2019
Pulmonologist 's  Response

No, you should not take this drug, Hydrocortisone, on your own. It is corticosteroid and it can cause a lot of side effects which are very dangerous.

So better to consult a psychiatrist for your sleep disturbances and start appropriate treatment after consulting psychiatrist. Better not to take Hydrocortisone.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Kaushal Bhavsar, Pulmonologist