Is Gabapentin used to treat cervical stenosis?

my doctor has prescribed gabapentin for treatment os stenosis after reading the possible side effects of te drug it really concerns me . Is it a drug for use of the problem? I am a 69 year old man in generally great health,i do have a bundle branch block .
Sat, 14 Jul 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Cervical stenosis occurs when the neck's protective spinal canal narrows due to degenerative changes or trauma.
Nonsurgical treatment for cervical stenosis typically includes one or more of the following:
1. Pain medication:
(a) Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin or ibuprofen, may help relieve pain or discomfort.
(b) Neuropathic pain medications such as gabapentin, pregabalin, amytriptilene, or duloxetine may be required for some patients.
2. Activity modification: Modifying a sleep position or pillow, sitting with better posture, or avoiding strenuous activities may reduce pain and/or other symptoms.
3. Physical therapy: By improving the neck’s strength and flexibility, posture may be improved and muscles may be less likely to have painful spasms.
In your case, it appears that Gabapentin has been given to overcome neuropathic pain.
Kindly follow the treatment as advised by your doctor and do the necessary follow-up as advised.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.