Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online


Is ELECTRO PHYSIOLOGY STUDY REQUIRED FOR INCREASED HEART BEAT PROBLEM ? Dear Sir, I had an SVT attack on 18th Feb 10 with increased heart beat . I was taking Losar 25 mg tablet for Hyper tension since 2007 and i am non diabetic , pure vegetarian, non alcoholic, non smoker. On emergency treatment in ST Jhons hospital, bangalore , I was monitored for 2 days in cardiology care unit. TMT was done on 20th Feb and I was discharged. Cardiologist has suggested for an electro physiology study. I am 155 cms in height , 62.5 kgs in weight and short built aged 53 yrs. I have been advised to take ecospirin 150 mg, TARGIT 40 MG,Calaptin 40 mg,Atorva 10 mg tablets.I did not get repeated SVT attack again. Is this ep study required or can this not be cured with medications ? Pl clarify to my email : Thanks k s manjunatha from k s manjunatha
Asked On : Sun, 7 Mar 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  505
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Electro physiological studies a procedure is used not  only to diagnose the arrhythmia, but also to know the effectiveness of the medications.. It can also help in determining if ablation process (which can be a permanent cure) can be feasible. Alternatively if a pacemaker or implantable defibrillator can be effective.. Hence considering all these usefulness, you may get the studies done..

Answered: Wed, 10 Mar 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor