Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Intermittent intense pain under rib cage, prominent on breathing, walking. What can be done?

i am having terrible pain on the right side under my rib cage, also on the lower part of my right side it hurts when i breath and hurts when i walk, i cant lay on my left side, i have been to the hospital numerous times they take me right in thinking it is appendiscistis but always turns out it isnt. THE PAIN HAS LASTED UP TO 14 HOURS LEAVES but always comes back,what should i do?
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  130
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
There are many causes of pain on the rt side under the rib cage and rt side of abdomen. It could be related to liver, kidneys, appendix, intestines and even lungs , pleural cavity and spine.You should consult your doctor so that he can order all relevant tests like LFT, KFT, USG W/A, Chest Xray and if required CT Scan of spine so that a diagnosis can be arrived at.You may even consult a gastroenterologist.
Answered: Wed, 29 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor