Do the attached Pet scans indicate that lung cancer still requires treatment?

Question
My husband was diagnosed with Stage IIA (T1ab-T2a, N1) Lung cancer. He had a lobectomy 2 weeks ago and thinks he is cancer free based on what his pulmologist told him. I don't know if I misunderstood the oncologist, but I my understanding is that it has spread to the Visceral Pleura. My husband's thinking is that they took the lobe so he cured now and they are only doing chemo in case some small cancer cells escaped the lung. Please clarify...

I uploaded the Pet Scan and Pathology for your review

Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello . The cancer involves pleura

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the reports. Of course the tumor involves pleura, but still the stage of the disease remains the same. The tumor has been removed all as the margins of the removed tumor are free . The oncologist is right is saying that chemotherapy is required to kill the cells which have escaped to blood circulation. No need to worry.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Do the attached Pet scans indicate that lung cancer still requires treatment? 1 hour later
So if it has invaded the pleura, does that mean it has probably invaded most of the pleura or just one nodule or would it have shown up on the pet scan?

You can be straight with me. I want to have a better understanding of the road that is ahead as a care giver. What is a projected prognosis with this stage of lung cancer?

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Only a part of pleura is invaded

Detailed Answer:
Hello. So , there is nothing to afraid of. Just adjacent pleura was involved. With complete trwatment, a survival of around 70% will be achieved. What i mean to say is, around 70 out of 100 people with such disease will be cured.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Do the attached Pet scans indicate that lung cancer still requires treatment? 23 minutes later
Thanks so much :-)

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.
Thanks and regards