Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Inflamed Tissue Mass in Genitalia Region

Hi, I'm currently a 20 year old woman. When I was around 12 years old, I got scared about my hair growth in my genitalia area and decided to trim it with a pair of scissors; in the process, I accidentally snipped my labia majora . Unfortunately, the cut did not go all the way through and when it healed, I had a dangling piece of tissue in my genitalia region. It has never really bothered me, but just today, I believe it got irritated which caused the tissue mass to become inflamed and it grew 5x its normal size and is bright red. Please advise, what should I do? It's not causing me any pain, but there is some discomfort. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Oct 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  188
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

hi.., there is nothing to worry, just leave it,
the wound will heal heal it ,by itself...
you need to be hygenic... look for a week,
if it does not heal, then you can consult a gynecologist...
Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor