Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Infant diagnosed with sensorineural hearing loss,recommended hearing aids. Is there any remedy for this in India?

Hello Dr. Sumit. Myself Ashish and currently I am in USA. My son Siddhesh is 3 month old and he has been diagnosed moderate hearing loss. He has ABR test and loss calculated was = 50 (right ear), =60 (left). Doctor here are recommending hearing aids . As it is life long decision, we are little worried and want to see opinion in this matter. It is sensorineural hearing loss (Outer hair cell). Is there any remedy in India. In the month of March 2013 I am returning back. Want to understand process in India so that I can plan better
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello, yes there is a remedy called cochlear implant. there is a very successful program running in many centers in India and i will advice you to search the internet for the best area near your place. if you have any trouble , kindly let me know. thanks
Answered: Tue, 24 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor