Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Increased heart rate, cramps, breathing difficulty, constant headache. Advised Ct scan and MRI. Suggestions?

I am 19 and have been having heart problems. I ve been in the ER several times when my heart rate is over 140 and I would get very dizzy and black out. I had an EKG done that showed abnormalities as well as blood drawn from an artery in my wrist that showed my gas oxygen or something was low. I have a doctor here on campus that I have been keeping up to date, and he had me wear a holter monitor for 24 hours and it showed that it was abnormal and that my heart wiring was off or something. When I get in a lot of pain it feels as though my heart is cramping and makes me lose my breath until it stops. I have also been having a constant headache for quiet awhile in the back of my head as well as weight lose, and I tend to not see people in my perrifial vision anymore, which is annoying. I am 5 2 and weight 115 pounds so I am not over weight and I work out regularly, but I have lost 8 pounds in two weeks. My doctor was talking about getting a CT scan as well or an MRI of my brain which I don t understand why. Anyways, In the meantime I just want answers cause right now I am not getting any and it is honestly getting worse and worse every day. I do plan on seeing a cardiologist as well. But would like to have an idea of what is going on. Thank you so much for your time.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is a long story - but lacking in many 'medical' details!

If there is a definite pointer or problem in Holter, you should take medicines. If the medicines don't work, they may go for ablation of abnormal nerve pathways - there is a good chance of permanent cure. See a Cardiologist (Electro Physiologist).

Anxiety won't lead to true loss of consciousness. That is why, you need Neurological investigation - MRI & MRA, EEG and so on will be necessary. See a Neurologist.

A psychiatrist can assess and make a positive diagnosis of Anxiety, if it is there.

It seems that there probably is more than one problem - but they appear to be diagnosable and treatable. Don't worry. More than one specialist might have to see you. It may a question of time and perseverance. And you will be well

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 15 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor