Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Increase in height.What to do ?

I am of 17 years old. I got my puberty in 15 years and after that I got no increase in height even though I have taken medicine with proper diet but no results. my father is 4 inches taller than me. please any medicine my name is Arbab from karachi
Tue, 9 Aug 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Dear friend
Since you have already completed your growth you are unlikely to grow in length further.
you can consider limb lengthening surgeries to increase your height.
you can gain 7-10 cm of height with this surgeries.
you can contact us at

Dr Manohar Babu KV
Consultant pediatric orthopaedic surgeon
Apollo Hospitals
+91 9164072363
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Rajeshkant Saihgal's  Response
there are chances that your height can increase uptil your bony epiphysis join,which usually occurs at age of 18 to 19 years of age.
carry on taking good balanced healthy diet & do regular pull up exercises.
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Partho Sarathi Roy's  Response
there is a formula to calculate your target height=ht of mother+ht of father divided by 2 plus 6 inch(as male).No medication in the world could change it after puberty as it determined by genetic factor.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor