Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Am achondroplasic, done limb lengthening surgery, ankle pain, elbow pain, swollen. Any hope?

My wife is achondroplasic. She had gone for a limb lengthening surgery on her both legs at her 25 yrs of age. She married 2 years back and she is now 38. In 2010 she got pregnant but doctors advised us to abort. She had been suffering from acute pain at her left ankle since 2007 and that gradually increased with a visual tilt. Nowadays she is feeling extreme pain at her left elbow . The region is getting swollen at times. She is frequently relying upon Aceclofenac & Paracetamol Tab (Zerodol-P) to lessen the pain somewhat. We both do not have the cosmetic recovery plan at this age. We both are looking for some painless days in our lives. Is there any hope?
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
as you know the cartilage or gliding surface in the joints of patients with achondroplasia is abnormal and does wear out sooner than in people who do not have this health problem. your wife should still however have her elbow assessed with an XR and possibly an MRI and CT scan as this may show a treatable problem in the elbow that could help with her symptoms. in the mean time she could use some antinflammatory medication and go to see a physiotherapist.
Answered: Wed, 26 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor